From: George Lendich <lendich@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Timing Pick- up
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:56:07 +1000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ernest,
I figured that may be the case after I sent off my e-mail, especially since you mentioned Harley D. parts.
What are the new parts worth or should I say what do they cost?
George ( down under)

George Lendich wrote:
Ernest,
So we agree on the set-up of the rotor and the cooling is not an issue, I guess you had those plates laser cut -but how the hell are you going to do the windings. Can you explain your design for that.
George ( down under)

Oops! Misunderstanding.

The stator I had was from a throw-away, damaged unit.  I pulled the windings off of it to make the fitting easier.  I tend to avoid using pristine parts for sizing or fitting purposes.  I'll buy a new part in the next week or two, when I get a chance to stop by the motorcycle shop again.

Windings aren't that difficult, though.
http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/alt_from_scratch.htm
More tedious than anything else.

-- http://www.ronpaultimeline.com

--
Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub: http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/flyrotary/List.html

-- Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.