From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary]20B turbo specs
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:34:02 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Barnhart" <dsbarno@vbe.com>:

I had Turbonetics(Dave Austin) size me a turbo.  What do you guys think?
recommended - TO4E 60 based on:
...snip...
based on 180hp(?) shows max 231hp w/out aftercooler, 256hp with
aftercooler.

It seems to me that you are  looking at 13b hp ratings.   A NA 20b will do
250 hp without a turbo.

There is data out there that shows a 20b dynoed at 10lbs boost, at 5859 rpm,
producing 375 ftlbs of torque, and 325 hp.

The 20b at 200hp is turning 3900 rpm at 10lbs of boost.

I'm not sure what you are looking for.

   I'm limiting myself to 300 hp for Tracy's PRSU and a herd of other reasons
related to my airframe. Intercooled.  I want to have 300 hp at 6000 ft.
Probably take about 7lbs of boost. My cruise is at 200hp and can live with
alot less boost.  No wastegate and set up to fly off mp.

Could it be we are looking at different variations of how we want to turbo.

Maybe we aren't asking the right questions.  Read the books about turbos,
got the big picture, but can't size one.

Barny MGDQ