From: Scott <squiggles@yahoo.com>
Subject: Heater Outlet Threaded?
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hello Everyone...

The attached photos depict the heater outlet.  I had originally hoped
 to just use regular heater hose and barbed fittings.  However, as my
 setup has come together there are just too many things trying to make too
 many turns.  What I really needed was a 5/8" 45 degree or 90 degree
 barbed fitting.  I tried my usual spot of fittingsandadapters.com , but no
 luck.  Thus, I am considering tearing the fitting out of the housing
 and replacing it with an AN fitting which I can use with socketless hose
 or something of the like.

It looks like the fitting is not pressed into the housing, but rather
 screwed in( I have been unsuccessful at turning it even using heat and
 cold ).

Is it really screwed into the housing?  If so, would it be to much to
 hope for it to be 1/2"npt?
Any ideas on how to salvage the simple barbed on hose setup?

Any info, thoughts, and references are appreciated....

Thx...
-Scott