From: David Staten <Dastaten@earthlink.net>
Subject: Mark's flight testing..
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:45:45 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Mark Steitle wrote:

  It appears that I need more cowl exit area.  Stay tuned.  I'm still working on this one.

I wont be surprised if we need more as well. We've got twice the normal inlet area at the moment - with armpits AND NACA's available to us for use. All of it leaving a stock exit out the back of the cowl. We MAY need a cowl flap of sorts for VX/VY ops and once in cruise, close them up.But Chris has a good point - dont cut any holes in the cowl unless or until we know we need them.

Keep up the good work, mark

Dave