From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: carbs vs efi
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:21:52 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Wow, do those sound familiar!   Thanks for my laugh of the day Tom, I needed that,

Tracy

On 7/24/07, thomas walter <roundrocktom@yahoo.com> wrote:
"Tracy crook" lors01@msn.com wrote:
> Sometimes I want to close the doors and just go work on my toys.

I think we ALL know that feeling.   The following was posted by Jim Weir in
one of the forums, for anyone who "supports" products it is all too true:

- Tom

[discussion about a audio panel kit.... ]

A bare circuit board for $22 is fairly pricey but not beyond reasonable.
However, if a "sorta-kit" with bare board AND all components (less case or
chassis) were available for $35 or so, how would that fly in Peoria?

BTW, a board like this, in 100 quantities can be had for about $4 or so from
a dozen manufacturers, some in Utah, some in Colorado, some in Taiwan, some
on mainland China, some in Bulgaria...

As a companion to that, let me tell you from 35 years of experience putting
things like this out what the problems are going to be:

1. You made it stereo, I want mono.

2. You made it mono, I want stereo.

3. It doesn't work with my 1956 Mark 12 Belchfire radios.

4. Please email me a .pdf of how to turn this into a full house audio
panel.

5. I broke a lead off of the integrated circuit. Will it still work?

6. OK, then, can you send me one by FedEx overnight? My plane needs to fly
tomorrow (notwithstanding the fact that it has been 18 years in the making).

7. I need one more input than you supply. Can you just sketch me up the
details of how to add another channel and email a .pdf to me?

8. And can you send me the parts for this mod FedEx overn....

9. Why is the circuit board green? I want blue.

10. I bought this thing of yours off of ebay and it doesn't work. Where do
I send it to have your warranty service performed?

11. And if you don't do 1-10 as your first priority you are a miserable
scumbag not fit to sell parts to the aviation community.

(To be taken with a grain of salt...although I have answered 1-9 numerous
times over the years and #10 more times than I care to count.)

Jim