From: Yvon Cournoyer <geryvon@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:21:21 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>, Rotary Engine <rotaryeng@earthlink.net>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rotary Engine" <rotaryeng@earthlink.net>
To: "AARotary Engine" <rotaryeng@earthlink.net>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 2:37 AM
Subject: FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE

(snip)

Not really, the pressure regulator will keep the fuel pressure constant
right up until the pump can no longer supply enough fuel for the engine, and
by then it is too late.  Once the fuel pressure starts to drop, the return
flow had already hit zero and your power will already be limited at best,
and the pump is in its final hour.  Still, with a second pump it usually
would not be a big deal.

Allo David, may I ask that you elaborate on the meaning of this paragraph. What do you mean by ''and by then it is too late''?  Too late for what?
Also, ''and the pump is in its final hour''. Do you mean that the pump is being damaged? Why should that be?
I need to understand and my knowledge of English is insufficient, as well as my understanding of EFI pressure systems.
Thank you. Yvon Cournoyer

(snip)
-- David Leonard

Turbo Rotary RV-6 N4VY
http://N4VY.RotaryRoster.net
http://RotaryRoster.net

The Rotary Engine NewsLetter. Powered by Linux.
ACRE NL web site. http://www.rotaryeng.net
Copyright 1998-2006 All world wide rights reserved.