From: James Maher <deltaflyer@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Wt & Bal Question
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Bill,
First, if your radio weighs 10 lbs then you should consider getting another radio. :o)
Perhaps you were just throwing out a hypothetical weight.
I have a ICOM A200 and it only weighs 2.4 lbs.
If you have the manual for your radio it should list the weight and have a diagram that indicates exactly where the Cof G is for the radio.
You can then use this to calculate where the weight will be when installed in the aircraft.
Jim

Bill Bradburry <bbradburry@allvantage.com> wrote:
I am going to weigh my plane soon and do not have all the radios
installed yet so I will need to calculate their addition.
Where does the weight show up? At the FS of the panel, or at the center
of mass of the radio?

Say you had a 10 inch long, 10 lb radio and it was installed in a panel
at FS 90. Will the weight show up at FS 90 or at FS 85? (assuming that
the mass is evenly distributed along the length of the radio)

Don't worry, I will weigh it again before I fly. This is for planning
purposes only. I am concerned that I need to move my batteries.

Thanks to all you math whizzes out there..:>)

Bill B

--
Homepage: http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub: http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/flyrotary/List.html