From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Flop Tube WAS RV Glider
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:11:34 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>:

  Well, I don't know if anyone with an RV has stuck in an inverted oil system
for extended inverted aerobatics but no reason it couldn't be done if you
wanted to.  But, to answer your question  - that is the purpose of the
"Flop" tube to provide fuel to the engine while inverted.  Ok, if an
extended flight inverted RV offends your sensibilities, how about a flop
tube to maintain fuel flow during flight through heavy turbulence {:>).

Ed Anderson

In an RV???  Even fighters didn't have inverted fuel (beyond about 15
sec).
All ACM is positive G (at least it was back in the old days, and I've no
reason
to believe that has changed).  Besides, what's the point of a flop tube if
you
don't have inverted oil??