From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Identifying engine connections - part 2
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:10:43 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

> Thanks to input from Tracy, Marc and Dave I've been able to label most of
my
> connectors.
>
> Revised images are now at http://kgarden.com/cozy/engparts.htm
>
> I'm left with three unidentified items and a couple of questions:
>
> Tracy:
> >Coolant feed to stock intake manifold.  On an aircraft installation,
> >this MUST be vented to vapor collection point. I would suggest a fitting
> >screwed into [either of the temp sensor points] for this.  The [temp
sensor
> points]
> >are otherwise not needed for our use.  Ignore or plug.
> What do you mean by "a fitting"? A pipe connecting the two?

> I plan to run a cooling fan. Wouldnt the lower sensor be good for this?
> If I plug the upper point or use it to vent the intake coolant return,
where
> should I put my water temperature sensor?
> Regards,
> John Slade

I used a 3/8" hose from 1 to the WP housing.   Either of the ports on the
waterpump housing would work fine.

There are so many options for water temp location that I can't enumerate
them all.   My water temp sensor is a J type thermocouple (like most CHT
under the plug types) and  is bolted under a washer to the back side of the
water pump.  Anywhere that the sensor is exposed to the hot water path is
OK.

Tracy