From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Alternators, Panel Lights ....
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:52:52 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Jim Sower <canarder@starband.net> wrote:

I seem to recall in the distant past some
discussion on internal regulators.  There were concerns about runaway regulators
causing large over voltage.  I do not recall any of these concerns coming from
actual experience, but my memory is dim on that.  I would like to hear from
anyone with experience with integrated alternator/ regulator systems, and
suggestions as to which units (I'm told Honda has a nice one) might be
suitable.<<<<

Hi Jim,

I'd suggest that you go to Bob Nuckolls' site (www.aeroelectric.com) and read the article he has there on internally regulated alternators and over-voltage protection.  Bob is "The Man" when it comes to aero electrics (thus the name) and I doubt that you'll ever go wrong following his advice.  Just my 2c.

         <Marv>