From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: 20b water pump opening & eng mount
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:44:16 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
>     Tracy,
>
>     That's a nice looking engine mount!  I'm going to have to go back and
see
> what Paul's griping is about, because it looks fine to me.  How thick is
that
> aluminum plate under the engine?  What holds the block to the mounting
plate
> (oil pan screws only?)?  Is the oil pan to be separate?
>
>     Tom Kendall

The plate is 1/2" 6061 T6.  Most of metal in center of plate is removed for
weight reasons.

Yes, oil pan bolts hold engine to plate, same as on the engine I've been
flying for 8 years on the -4.  BTW, the oil pan bolt holes should be tapped
to the bottom (using a bottoming tap) for maximum thread engagement with the
longer bolts used.  I have no worries about the 26 bolts through oil pan
being adequate to do this job.

Yes, plan to use the stock oil pan or possibly an aluminum pan made by
Conversion Concepts if there is a weight advantage.

Tracy