From: George Lendich <lendich@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine mount mockup
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 09:32:58 +1000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Lynn,
Had the same concerns myself at first glance, but when advised that it was standard on light weight engine mounts, I felt a little better about it.
My approach would have been a piece of triangled 4130 - of course this causes bolt/nut access problems, but could be overcome, in a number of ways.
What it does give is a nice flat area on which to weld the tubes as well as a wider area to spread the load and two bolts through the firewall hard points, compared to one.
One idea might be a triangle with two small tubes to carry the firewall bolts.
Just some of my thoughts on the subject, always looking for better ways!!
George ( down under)