From: Marc Wiese <cardmarc@midsouth.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Alternators, Panel Lights ....
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:40:39 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
> Problem # 2:   Some of my instruments are lit by post lights in the
> corners of
> the instruments, but most are in the dark except for an instrument
light
> trying
> (to little effect) to shine on the whole panel.  I envision some sort
of
> little
> flood lights mounted on the glare shield (mine comes back about 6"
from
> the
> panel) of my Velocity that would be simple, small, adjustable /
aimable,
> easy to
> retrofit and red.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Would some sort of
LED
> array
> work?  How much would variable brightness complicate things?
>
> Any and all suggestions welcome .... Jim S.
There are plastic eyebrow pieces with embedded leds that fit behind the
instruments thru the screw holes in the panel commonly shown at
Lakeland/Oskosh. And there is the florescent under dash lip strip that
is real nice. It is Commonly advertised as a retrofit for certifieds.
Have you looked at a stock Mazda alternator? Heavy but very durable, and
100A. It is my choice.
[Marc Wiese]