From: Thomas Jakits <rotary.thjakits@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine choise for BD-4 (changed from "Hard Landing ")
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:15:45 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanx David!

Thomas

On 3/6/07, david mccandless <daval@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
Hi Thomas,
I have a Stinson Voyager and I overhauled the gear legs a few years
back. I can recommend them as a sturdy unit, very reliable; they were
used on the L5 Sentinel in the USMC. The shock unit is similar to the
rear shock on a Harley, the spring can be reset, thinner oil used or
the ports drilled out to make them more compliant (softer). I would
suggest that you get the legs from a later 108-2 or -3 and verify that
they are for Cleveland brakes as the earlier brake parts are hard to
source. Maybe get wheels and brakes all together with gear legs. The
shock units have sealing rings similar to piston rings and rings from
Jap motorcycles have been used sucessfully. The legs are readily
available; try Gary Guptill, MN, 218 393 9234,   or Ed Fleck in CA ,
956 882 320, or,   edfleck@prodigy.net
Hope this helps,
BR, Dave McC