From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary]Tach sensor
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:50:14 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>:

John I am using engine tach rpm and just dividing by "2" in my head for prop
rpm. There are Hall effect and other "Magnetic field" sensing sensors that
are frequently used to drive ignition systems off of crank shafts (or
distributor shafts).  However, in any case you would need a circuit that
would take the eccentric shaft rpm and "divide" by 2.17 or 2.85 as the case
may be for prop rpm.  A divided by 2 circuit would be easy using a Flip
Flop. chip but then easy to divide by 2 in your head.

Ed Anderson

Are you 13B flyers using engine tach, or is there some way to get a tach
read prop rpm? I've heard there's an electronic sensor which reads a
passing
magnet, but I havent found one yet.