From: Thomas y Reina Jakits <rijakits@cwpanama.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: What about...
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:39:19 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
Sad thing :((

TJ
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:55 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: What about...

Are they for real or just some more Moeller vapor-products?

Hi Thomas,

These guys bought the rights to an engine that was being made in Germany (I think), and were planning to start making them in Canada when I emailed them a year or more ago.  I actually exchanged a number of emails with them, and they were quite receptive to suggestions.

Unfortunately, my main suggestion was to GIVE an engine to a high profile manufacturer, with the agreement that they run up the hours on their factory plane, and report the results in a series of magazine articles.  In other words, arrange an unbiased public test.  If the engine is as good as it's supposed to be, then this would be all the advertising needed to sell engines.  Their answer was that they just didn't have the budget for that, but that they were working to get some manufacturers to test their engines.  Sadly, I haven't seen any manufacturer installing one.

It's unfortunate that neat little engines like this just seem to fade away.  The problem is that they're expensive, and unproven.  If you could eliminate one or the other, they'd sell, but until then, they don't. Eventually, the company will go out of business, someone else buys the design, and the cycle begins again...

Cheers,
Rusty