From: Scott <squiggles@yahoo.com>
Subject: Zenith 801 Oil Cooler and Fuel Line
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:30:13 -0800 (PST)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The oil cooler is mounted opposite the air intake.
I'm not completely convinced its size will be
adequate, but it will do for ground running.

If I had a view of the engine from the top you would
be able to see the L attached to the redrive plate
which is where the oil supply line is secured.

The bigger concern is the the fuel line in two places.
  the first being the distance between the plug side
of the engine and the primary injectors.l  The second
is the snake between the primary injectors and the
secondary injectors.  I had always intended for the
fuel lines which span the gap from the engine to the
firewall to be rubber.  Though, as you can see from
the pics I posted I had thought about running a long
piece of tubing from the end of the secondary
injectors to the firewall.  Of course after seeing the
extended length of unsupported tubing common sense
prevailed.  However, I have not gotten back to it as
this section requires me to have settled on the
location of the fuel pressure regulator and well I'm
still trying to figure out what is going to go in that
upper quarter of the firewall.

One of these days I'll finally have to make a
decision, but right now I am trying to figure out the
best way to mount the coils using threaded rods so
they can be mounted by the oil filler neck.  I'm still
trying to figure a way to suspend/support the rods
above the block.

Any thoughts?

Thx...

-Scott

>Where is the oil cooler mounted?

>I am a little concerned about your use of rigid
tubing >in a couple of