From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Windmilling Prop
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:34:11 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Been having e mail problems and it appears that non of my messages regarding my windmilling prop reached the list.

To recap:  I found that with my 2.17:1 and my old 68x72 prop that the engine would windmill down to 110 MPH IAS.  Once stopped, it would take an increase in airspeed to around 115 MPH IAS to get the prop to start windmilling again.  I had the opportunity to check this out pretty thoroughly in my 12 mile glide {:>).   Have had no experience (and not looking for any) with my 2.85 and 74x88 prop, but I suspect that a higher airspeed would be needed.

Ed