From: <wrjjrs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Rotary Roundup
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:15:56 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
For the mechanical engineering comment of the day; Most o-ring seals REQUIRE a 32 microinch finish. This will NOT happen with a drill. For your injector o-rings you are sealing gasoline. (obviously) No halfway measures here! You simply MUST have a totally leak-free seal. Get the correct reamer. They are easily available in metric sizes. For the best finish leave .002-.005 in. of material when drilling. A 32 microinch isn't mirror-like, rather it is flaw free. (no scratches at all)  Usually a shiny surface.
Bill Jepson