From: Ernest Christley <echristley@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Rotary Roundup
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:15:13 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Stephen Brooks wrote:

It appears that I won't be able to attend this years round up, htough I was hoping that I would have time to get there.

I came to SC yesterday, intending to finally take my plane to NC.  I've only flown it once in that last 4 months, so I pulled the cowling, checked things out, and started the engine.

After a couple of minutes run time, I shut it down, and checked everything out.  I found that I now have a fuel leak from one of the injectors, at the fuel rail.  Apparently I have an o ring that is not leaking.  I've ordered a new set of seals from Mazatrix, and I'm going to go back to the airport today, and remove the fuel rail so that I can take it back home with me.  When I drilled the fuel rail for the injectors, the holes are not perfectly smooth.  I think that the roughness of the bore probably led to the o ring failure.  I'm going to polish the bore, without hopefully enlarging it any.  I think that I'm going to use a dremel with a fine stone on it.

This weekend I also have to help our yougest dughter and son-in-law frame up a new house they are building.

I hope that everyone has a great time at the roundup, and I hope to make it next year.

Steve Brooks
Cozy MKIV N75CZ
Turbo Rotary 13B

A stone would be mighty agressive.  Try cutting off a piece of one of those sandpaper coated foam pads.  You want a snug fit in the hole.  Now use a screwdriver bit in a drill to ram down the middle of the foam and spin it real good.  The Harbor Freight pads give a nice polish without being very agressive (That's because... THEY SUCK ..., but they're good for polishing).

--
        ,|"|"|,              Ernest Christley       |
----===<{{(oQo)}}>===----    Dyke Delta Builder      |