From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuse Ratings for Wiring??
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:36:27 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
That is really mind boggling, Dale.  I remember the news of the first vacuum tube computer after world war II which occupied rooms (if not an entire building), generated enough energy to heat several homes, thousands of miles of wiring, vacuum tube, etc, etc.  and I believe all it did was generate artillery trajectory data

I remember my first personal computer (IBM PC) came with 16K of memory (you could buy more), an 4.7 MHZ (not GHZ) chip (no math processor functions), a one sided 160K floppy drive (standard storage was a cassette tape), a TV set display driver (extra of course) - finally graduated to the infamous green phosphorous screen.  All this at a 1982 price of $3200.

Ah, yes, progress is good.

ED