From: David Staten <Dastaten@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuse Ratings for Wiring??
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:49:05 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ed Anderson wrote:

 I can not help but wonder why these type of high value aircraft use circuit breakers rather than fuses.   Circuit breakers are in essence  no more than a mechanical switch  (we all use those I believe) activated by heat rather than a finger.  But, this debate could (has and will) continue into the future, for sure.

For the planes that have a gajillion and one circuits, the breakers can serve as a switch for maintenance or troubleshooting of a portion of a component system. The switch on the panel may turn the whole system ON or OFF.. an individual actuator or motor may have its own breaker.. for example..