From: Yvon Cournoyer <geryvon@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Progress on Hangar door
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:29:14 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Looks realy great!, Ed,
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 4:27 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Progress on Hangar door

Here's a couple of photos on hangar door progress.  Had to add a small beam (box beam) on the outer edge to keep it from sagging in the middle. But, have the sheathing 95% done.  Door is not fully open in the photo as I discovered that the end of the hydraulic cylinder that had the fittings was hitting a trim piece of the sheathing and so stopped it.  Will need to trim that piece for clearance.

The bad news is I discovered my hydraulic cylinders are the wrong type for the application and are now seeping fluid.  They work fine in pushing open the door but are not designed to take any side load.  What I get for going for the cheapest {:<(.  But, I now have a better knowledge of the different type cylinders and will shortly order the right ones.

--
Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub:   http://mail.lancaironline.net/lists/flyrotary/