From: Todd Archer <archerw@ubtanet.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: renesis recall?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:18:45 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Dave,
Yeah, that sounds like the one.  This is the part I was paying attention to:

"Mazda has a remanufacturing center in North Carolina that will rebuild
faulty engines and return them to service."

Recalls are always a downer for the manufacturer but if there was a flood of
Renesis engines that were pulled...

Todd

CONFIRMED. However.. may be NO FACTOR for our application. Some cars
were having the cat converters go bad due to oil leaks in the engine.
Uncertain how bad the leaks actually are (and remember the engine sprays
oil into the combustion chamber, so it must not all be burning,
apparently).. or if they are leaks at all, as opposed to just design
issues with oil injection. Again. We dont have cat converters on the
engine, so other than a little smudge on the tailpipe or prop (pushers)
I would't sweat it.

Dave

*Source: Automotive News <http://www.autonews.com/>
Automaker: Engines failing vacuum test must be replaced