From: David Staten <Dastaten@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Webpage updates, including Mistral Intake for the Velocity
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:58:22 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
2 AMU's (Aviation Monetary Unit.. currently 1 AMU is $1000 USD.

Actually.. $2060 for intake AND fuel rail/injector box
$80 for shipping, waived with wire transfer
Took 2-3 weeks ground shipping.

Not the cheapest option but certainly one of the more elegant ones.
Dave

Bulent Aliev wrote:

How much are these beauties?

On Aug 11, 2006, at 5:28 PM, David Staten wrote:

I "DID" have to make some minor trimming adjustments to the 2nd  generation block to prevent interference.

1) On the oil filter pedestal I had to shave some of the corner off  the "inboard" part of the pad next to the bolt hole. The mistral  has a radius here that the mazda does not. Once the corner is  radiused, it worked ok.

2) on one of the tabs sticking up on the inboard portion of the  "backplate - Mistral's term" or "front iron" as we call it.. I had  to grind off 1/2" or so of material so that the front secondary  tube could lay low and i could mount the intake completely. I only  used this tab for lifting with a hoist anyways, so its a non-issue.

3) No instructions included. Also.. there are no tubing included  for the oil injection.. and the old primary ports on the middle  iron are left unaddressed by this intake order. In the Mistral they  appear to be additional oil injection ports. This is being queried  in email.

Dave