From: Yvon Cournoyer <geryvon@videotron.ca>
Subject: PROPELLERS AND COOLING THE ROTARY
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 16:56:52 -0400
To: Alain Cournoyer <acournoy@bellnet.ca>, Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>, ACRE <rotaryeng@earthlink.net>, <warpdrive@gnt.net>
I have replaced my old wood 2 blades 74'' propeller with a new 3 blades 72'' Warp Drive, ground adjustable.
I have set the pitch to obtain about 4800 engine static rpm, which is what I began flying with my old wood prop, some years ago.
No other changes, yet in spite of abnormally hot and humid weather, I find that both oil and coolant cool better and will allow longer full power static runups.
I have not flown the new prop yet, but I am eager to verify its performance at altitude.
Yvon.