From: 3 rotor <rv8r300@attbi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: 20B intake design
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:39:50 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
I am attempting to design an intake manifold.  If I use the existing
manifold and cut most of the tubing off in order to save the portion that
bolts to the block, then the tubes need to rise vertically and then turn 90
degrees to pass over the top of the engine.  I see that often people make
theirs using a full 180 degree bend (like the Powersports).  I plan to use a
turbo, so am not sure if that design might get in the way.  Is there other
points I am missing?  Should I just buy the intake blank($136?) and not try
to use what I have?  I cut the injector ports off the original thinking I
could weld them on the new one, although I would guess that I'd have to
modify the original rail tube spacing.   Kevin