From: george lendich <lendich@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Prop Design Program
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:17:46 +1000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ken,
That would be appreciated!
George ( down under)
This is the program I tried to send out zipped last week but it was a little larger than the 300k limit.  It was written by Ed Dokus (and another guy - sorry I can't remember his name) and it states on the Help page that it is in the public domain.
Anyone who would like a copy send me a email and I'll send it to you.  Maybe someone will put it on their website.

Ken Powell
Bryant, Arkansas
501-847-4721
C150 / RV-4 under construction

From: "David Carter" <dcarter11@sbcglobal.net>
Bob, I think something along the way stripped the .exe file from your e-mail - it substituted a short "text" file that said the .exe file had been deleted - if the file is needed, then have the sender send it as a .zip file.

I did a google search for this program and found all the links "broken" except for one that has the full set of DOS files in a zip file named PROP OPTIMIZER (tm) PROPELLER DESIGN PROGRAM Copyright 1993 Donald R. Bates  I unzipped just the readme file and got the file name and Bates' Calif business info - phone was disconnected.

For those of us who have "graduated" to WinXP (which handles DOS programs in a "figure it out yourself" mode - I run WordPerfect 6.0a for DOS in a "cmd" window with some batch file that I accidentally cobbled together and works) I'm not sure exactly how to run such a DOS program as this prop optimizer.

Have I found the program you are talking about?  If so, the link to download the zip file(s) is:
http://cd.textfiles.com/swheaven3/SCIENG/  and scroll down to PROP90.ZIP - has 19 files zipped in it.
(I Googled prop90.zip and the 3rd link was active)

Then I Googled prop20.zip and got Version 2.0 (the other was V1), downloaded from
"PROP OPTIMIZER (tm) is NOT a public domain program.  It is copyrighted by
Donald R. Bates dba Bates Engineering/Software."  (from VENDINFO.DIZ changed to a .txt file so it could be read.)

David Carter