From: Ernest Christley <echristley@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Alternate alternators
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:15:05 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
jesse farr wrote:

The simplest, surest, country boy way I know is to make one, put it on the old test bed and drive it around. Lot less theoretical engineering work and if/when it brakes, you just drive it home. Believe me, you don't fall too far that way and you can mistreat it much more than you ever should more than a foot or so off the ground. <g>
jofarr, soddy tn

Granted.  But is there anything wrong with checking the thermometer before walking down to the lake to see if the ice is thick enough for skating? <G>

--