From: george lendich <lendich@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: ANOTHER wrong flexplate, and Single rotor update
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:28:26 +1000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
 Thanks Rusty!
Rusty,
WHAT reinforcing ring ?
George ( down under)

Hi George,

The ring I'm referring to is about an inch wide (didn't measure it), and perhaps 1/16" thick steel.   The ID is the same as the hole in the center of the flexplate, and it has the bolt holes in it of course.  Basically, it's just a clamping ring.  I'd bet that you can look at your stock flexplate, and see where it used to be.  From conversations I've had with Tracy, I believe it's considered "nice", but not essential.  You could just use some large washers instead.

Cheers,
Rusty (glad it's not Tuesday morning here)