From: Doug Mueller <rotaryrx6@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: ANOTHER wrong flexplate.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:59:52 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

> From: "Bob Perkinson" <bobperk@bellsouth.net>
> Date: 2005/12/26 Mon PM 03:12:11 EST
> To: "Rotary motors in aircraft" <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
> Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: ANOTHER wrong flexplate.
>
> Bill,
> Here is a picture of the flex plate that I have.  The measurement from the
> table top to the top of the plate is 32.73mm,  1.291".  That is a very rough
> measurement
>
> Bob Perkinson
> Hendersonville, TN.
> RV9 N658RP Reserved
> If nothing changes
> Nothing changes

Hey Bill et all the picture you showed is the correct flex plate. The one you
have has those little wings on the flex plate. The other one that is close in
resemblence does not have those wings on the back and it is shallower. I
believe that you may be able to make the one without the wings also work.
The only problem I found was the starter bendix never would disengage
because of the depth of the flex plate.

Doug Mueller
RX-6 13BT
N900DM