From: al p Wick <alwick@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] External datalogging, and other stuff
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 18:16:12 -0800
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
I take advantage of off the shelf software and hardware. Way more powerful than anything out there. Less expensive. Data logging is common need in the process industry, so this off the shelf stuff handles it well. Uses dead band limits and such to keep logs to very small size. Yet you miss nothing. In four years of flying I've never had to purge any log files from the laptop.

The logic utilized by your software during flight is around 40 times more valuable than logging. Yet I agree logging has value. All of the EFIS systems currently available are still pretty dumb. As a result, they don't reduce flight risk anywhere near as much as we need. Check out my web page for details on some of the safety logic. My glass cockpit talks to pilot when needed, never gives false warnings.
I've given up all the source code. Goal is to save some lives. This is one of the most significant things you can do to reduce risk.

-al wick
Artificial intelligence in cockpit, Cozy IV powered by stock Subaru 2.5
N9032U 200+ hours on engine/airframe from Portland, Oregon
Prop construct, Subaru install, Risk assessment, Glass panel design info:
http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/alwick/index.html