From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Question for Tracy - was: Off Topic "Switch Placements"
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:14:20 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Cold start on for the full lean condition is a good idea. Punching the program button in mode 0 (Primer function) will not work because the EC2 disables the primer when it senses that the engine is running.

For full rich, Turning a set of injectors off would be good except that it doubles the injection on the others at the same time.  (I sense a suggestion on the way for yet another switch to disable the injector doubling function : )

Another thing to do in an emergency would be to cycle the fuel pump on & off to lower the fuel pressure in order to lean the mixture.  Or, install a fuel pump controller to drop the pressure like some late model cars do.  (No! Just kidding!! even though it would work)

Tracy
Thanks for the info, Tracy.  Until a decision is make on alternatives, what might be good courses of action (in order to get to a place to safely land)??

Full rich.  Turn the secondary injectors off - intermittently turn them all off if bogging.
Full Lean.  Intermittently turn on cold start or repeatedly punch program button in 0 mode
Wander around.  Figure that on average it will be "just" right {:>).

Ed A