From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Question for Tracy - was: Off Topic "Switch Placements"
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:00:54 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Jim,
Not sure I followed the logic on using the same pot for program & mixture. It just would not work unless there is something I missed completely.  I think there is a misunderstanding on the use of the program knob.  Also remember that the program knob is used for other functions besides programming the mixture correction table.  Having to mess with the mixture while adjusting other things would be really bad.

I did think about using the program pot for mixture on B controller but that would be very confusing when programming on the B controller for most people.  The mixture pot would then be used for program setting on B controller.  Actually this would work OK for me or someone who fully understood the operation of the EC2.  For a reference point, at least 50% of the builders who call for support thinking that their EC2 is not working correctly,  answer the question "Does it do the same thing on B controller?" by saying "I forgot to try that."  I really can't expect the average user to remember to reverse these two functions when switching controllers.

Tracy