From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] RD-1C Dissasembly Thoughts
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:48:51 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

  What would be wrong with adding a few tapped holes between the existing holes in the bolt circle of the mounting plate? When is comes time to separate the plate, I would just screw in a few bolts into these holes and tighten them in sequence. This would push the drive housing away from the mounting plate in a controlled manner. No hammers, pry bars, or bad language required.

   Am I missing something, or is this a good idea?

Sorry Bill, but I don't think that's a "good" idea.  I think it's much closer to a "great" idea :-)

Cheers,
Rusty (yes, I've taken a couple off the hard way)

PS- I seem to be in random message arrival mode again.  Sending this at 12:22pm.