From: Bartrim, Todd <Steve.Bartrim@canfor.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Off Topic "Switch Placements"
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:54:43 -0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Doug;
    I made a small sub-panel as well (I included a small pic that barely shows it at the bottom), but I also put a piano hinged lid on it. The lid flips up exposing switches that I don't want inadvertently bumped including the EC2 programming switches. In the normal course of a flight none of these switches are normally used, so this is why there is a flip-up lid on the panel. The one main exception on the EC2 panel that you really want convenient access to is the mixture knob, so I removed this and mounted it on the centre console right beside the throttle quadrant. It was a simple matter to de-solder this from the program panel circuit board and solder in a set of extension wires from the mixture pot. to the circuit board.
  This keeps all of the programming controls out of the way and gives convenient access to mixture control. It's my understanding that the new auto-tune feature works so well, that use of the mixture knob is greatly reduced or almost eliminated so it may not be necessary to have it as convenient.

Todd    (gotta get me some autotune)