From: Bill Dube <BillDube@KillaCycle.com>
Subject: RD-1C Dissasembly Thoughts
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:27:48 -0700 (MST)
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

  I am about to install my RD-1C PSRU (as soon as I can get the correct
flex plate.)

   I was reading the instructions and there were some warnings about the
difficulty of breaking the sealant between the drive and the mounting
plate. I know that at some point, I will need to disassemble the drive
and it will be difficult to separate the mounting plate from the drive
housing.

   What would be wrong with adding a few tapped holes between the existing
holes in the bolt circle of the mounting plate? When is comes time to
separate the plate, I would just screw in a few bolts into these holes
and tighten them in sequence. This would push the drive housing away
from the mounting plate in a controlled manner. No hammers, pry bars,
or bad language required.

   Am I missing something, or is this a good idea?

   Bill Dube'

--
Bill Dube'
BillDube@KillaCycle.com