From: Kelly Troyer <keltro@att.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] ignition sensor
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:51:33 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
John,
   I checked the Escort sensor.......Both the camshaft and crankshaft sensors
of that engine are different than the Mazda Protege / RX7 / RX8 sensor......
  Tracy has indicated that we should stick with the Mazda sensors even
though some others such as the Suburu will work........Tracy said that the
Suburu sensors have a reliability problem but he had not heard of failures
with the Mazda part........This may be true of the Mazda part made by
"Denso" only........I cannot give any info about the reliability of sensors
supplied by Standard Motor Products,Delco,Airtex,Wells, ETC........

--
Kelly Troyer
Dyke Delta/13B/RD1C/EC2

-------------- Original message from "John Downing" <downing.j@sbcglobal.net>: --------------

Some one mentioned here a while back that the Ford Escort was basically an M-3 Mazda.  My wife has a 96 Escort with a 1.9 liter engine and I just took a look at it and it has a sensor on the crank , which is off a toothed sprocket of aluminum.  Is this the same sensor? if it is the price could possible be a lot less than a Mazda.  JohnD