From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Heat Exchangers/Cooling
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:29:18 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
No, don't think you've lost your sanity - question is were you ever sane {:>)   Kidding of course.

I think your plan would cool at your cruise, however, I would be concerned that with the thicker set up you would need higher airspeed to get to the thermal breakeven point after take off.  But, drip cooling absorbs a tremendous amount of BTUs as the water evaporates - so long as you can carry enough "cooling drip juice" I would think it would be manageable.  What you might consider doing is checking with a radiator shop that builds radiators for the NASCAR shops.  For the long high speed tracks, I've read that the cores are as much as 7" thick - the normal tracks use cores approx 3" thick.

Ed