From: John Slade <sladerj@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: will EFI pumps pump air
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:54:32 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
I have separate tanks, pumps and filters on each side. Return is switched by a solenoid energized by switching the left pump on. This leads to its own set of fuel management issues, but it keeps the total redundancy I was looking for. Since we're analyzing fuel systems, I'd welcome any comments.
Where does the fuel return go when both pumps are on?  Left tank I'm guessing?
Correct. I can't takeoff on both with the left tank full. Mostly I don't fill it. If I need to, my hand's real close to the fuel pump switch.

 Also guessing you turn that left pump off ASAP when climbing out with full tanks :-)
Usually I turn the right pump off. I prefer to burn the fuel in the left tank first because I cant easily see the sight gauge on that side.

 John (EM2 up and running. Checking EC2 wiring over & over)
Great to year you're running again!
I wish. Just the EM2 so far.