From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary]13B EXHAUST PIPE LENGTHS
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 01:07:32 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>:

Yvon, I could not readily find a photo of my current system. But here is a
photo of its very similar predecessor.  The primary difference in the two
system is that these pipes with holes were approx 18" long.  My current
system using 2" dia stainless steel .065 tubing that is 48" long.  The "Fish
Tail" protion is make out of a separate piece in case it needed replacement.

I also have a "Racing Insert" stuck in each tube.  This is a 3/4" dia
preforated tube with three preforated 2" dia discs on the tube.  This insert
is then placed in the 2"dia header as close as I can get to the exhaust
port.  They do help to decrease the exhaust volume quite a lot, but it is
still not "Quite".
The web page with more information is
http://www.carchemistry.com/ccinserts.html

Hope this helps