From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: RX8 P-Port
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:11:27 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

I claim rights to the first RX8 PP design, but of course everyone can use it.

I'm betting that if it's a good idea, Mazda already thought of it for their racing engine.  If it's a bad idea, I don't think they'll mind if you claim it :-)

I hate to always be the skeptic, but I don't quite understand wanting to PP a Renesis.  The engine is already capable of peak power at higher RPM's than any of us want to run.  To me, that means it already has good intake timing, and plenty of intake port flow.  What's to be gained with this PP exercise?  Are you trying to boost HP at lower rpms that we would run at?  That sure doesn't sound like a typical PP justification.

Cheers,

Rusty (becoming immune to fiberglass dust, or loosing all feeling, hard to tell)