From: Charlie England <ceengland@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Another rotary airplane now flying
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:43:40 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
jbker@juno.com wrote:

RV9A made a short circuit around the patch to day. Tom Hahn flew it since I had not realized that I needed a CFI endorsement for my insurance to activate. He has flown most of the local RV's on first flight. He had run the airplane at high power 3 times the length of the field (4000 feet of soft turf) and the coolant temp was very hot when he took off. Oil temps were good.

He saw an indicated coolant temp of 249, but no coolant appeared to blow out of the system. Talked to Tracy and he said there were 2 different sensors and maybe I was cal'd wrong. We checked it and the cal was correct. It did not seem that hot when we taxied in and snatched the top cowl off.

Scratching head on next step, but the airplane flew great!

Bernie

Way to go; you're officially on the list as a presenter May 28th. If you can build the fuse. in a month you will get the time flown off within the next couple of weeks.

Charlie