From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] alternators and regulators
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:56:20 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
Found this on another site........Do not know about validity of content..... Surely
one of our many talented members can tell us if it is good info !! FWIW

I can probably say that monitoring the amount of AC ripple on the buss would give you a sign of something going bad, but I'm not sure I agree with the conclusion that it's going to be the alternator.  I would guess that a bad regulator could show the same signs.  I'll try to remember to put a meter on my buss one of these days to see what it looks like.

Cheers,
Rusty (step 487 of cowl modification in progress)