From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Velocity build/13B install progresses]]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:33:27 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
David Staten <Dastaten@earthlink.net> wrote:

"""
 A picture of the oil pan safety wired on

 There are actually 4-5 separate runs of wire that I spliced/meshed together..
Dont know if its "right" but its a start..
"""

Looks right to me.  This is an example of one of the little things that I've always loved about aviation... I find that there's something quite artistic about a well executed safety wire job performed on a series of bolts.  Gotta be one of them "zen" things... the person performing the task has to plan and execute the run pretty carefully in order for it to come out right, and so the observer gets a kind of look inside the mind of the "safety-er".  Nice job.

BTW, the individual runs didn't actually need to be "spliced/meshed" together, as each run does the job on its own... nothing wrong that I know of to take your approach, it just takes more care and probably a bit more time.  Again, nice work.

      <marv>