From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuel Filters
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:11:52 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

I had to search forever to find a picture of a Saginaw to AN6 fitting.  I found this picture at the Jegs website (http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1514&prmenbr=361).  You can clearly see the little o-ring on one end.  Does the Earl's fitting have that o-ring?

Hi Mark,

Well, I don't recall what the fitting looked like, but I don't think that was it.  IIRC, the o-ring at the outer end of the threads, just under the hex portion of the fitting.

Next question, what makes you think you need this Saginaw fitting?  I got the part number for this fitting from a site that sold earls fittings.  They sold the normal earls filters, but also sold the GM EFI filter in a combo with two of the earls fittings that I quoted.  Both my filters are on the output of the pumps, so they see pressure, and they've never had any leaks.  I just replaced the filters a few weeks ago, and still no leaks.

Rusty