From: Paul <sqpilot@bellsouth.net>
Subject: 13b ignition
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:43:26 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I saw a tape from Ron Gowan showing his 13b powered LongEZ.  The tape showed him inserting an ignition distributor from a 1985 rotary into his 1989 engine. It had dual igniters, and what appeared to be dual vacuum advance cans.  He then attached the vacuum lines to a port near the oil filler tube.   I  assume that this is like a standard automotive distributor, and that he was probably not using electronic ignition. I assume he probably used the stock Mazda coils...couldn't tell from the video.  Anyone ever have an older Mazda that used the distributor ignition care to comment about it's reliability as well as functionality?   Thanks in advance for any info.  Paul Conner.