From: Eric Ruttan <ericruttan@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: EWP Test Results/DRAG and hat eating
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:48:17 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

In a prior thread titled "EWP, head or not to head", see partial copy at
bottom of this message, I suggested that the head of a closed system cannot
be that high.

If I understand Bill Schertz post correctly, he measured the psi of an
engine in our operating range at 9 psi.  Or perhaps 5 psi?

And if head (in feet) = pressure(psi) *2.31/s.g. then 9*2.31/1=20.79 source
http://tinyurl.com/53elw
if it is 5 psi then it is 11.55 feet head.

Can someone show me...
If I did the above correct?
How much power it takes to move 20GPM 20 feet, assuming 0 pumping loss?
If bills data was at temp?  Will the reduced viscosity have a large effect?

I have selected the tastiest hat I own, but I don't want to get started
prematurely.

I thank you for your assistance.
Eric