From: Finn Lassen <finn.lassen@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: hand router milling
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:10:21 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hmm..., I seem to remember Tracy mentioning reducing weight as much as 3 pound. No milling required, just a bandsaw. You basically cut curves in mount place from mount bolts and spacers and in to redrive. This should also improve airflow behind radiators (for those who have them mounted in cowl cheeks in RVs).

Finn

Ernest Christley wrote:

From Tracy's unit?  Little to nothing.  Maybe you could take some sandpaper and round some corner's or something.  OTOH, I've cut 5lbs from my PSRU housing.  The bellhousing is even beefier.