From: rijakits <rijakits@cwpanama.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: fuel cutoff valve necessary?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:19:18 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:52 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: fuel cutoff valve necessary?

You're reaching a bit here.  A fuel pump is an on/off device.  It's not like we have a bank of CPU's running the pumps :-)
 Not at all!! I fly quite a few hours every month in a machine that has an electric clutch engagement.

But we're not talking about electric clutch engagements on certified helicopters.  Were talking about an on and off device.  This is like saying that if you're power goes off at home, you might not be able to turn off your lights.  Actually the part that causes the trouble IS on of those simple ON/OFF devices - a 1.20$ micro-switch that would not let you engage or disengage the clutch!

Sounds like good advice, did they ever test it by ripping some nive RV wings of a nice RV-body? :))

I'm afraid it's been tested far too many times :-(

 Rusty (FJO wideband here tomorrow)
Thomas J.